TaiG iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool updated; fixes stuck at 20% issue, updates Cydia
In a matter of five days, Chinese developer group TaiG has not only released the first version of its iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool, but has also updated with twice to fix a lot of issues and the latest version – v2.1.3 – fixes a couple of annoying problems.
When iOS 8.3 jailbreak was first released on June 23 it did manage to jailbreak all device with iOS8.1.3-8.3, but one of the major things that it was missing was a compatible Cydia. That changed with the release of new version of the jailbreak tool with compatibility with Cydia.
However, there were still a couple of annoying issues on the iOS 8.3 jailbreak v2.1.2 released on June 26 including issue of getting stuck at 20% of the jailbreak process, missing Cydia icon after jailbreak and the tool not able to work in virtual machine (this is for those using a Mac system).
The team released an updated version of the tool with:
- Fix for the issue of getting stuck at 20% while jailbreaking;
- Updated Cydia and UIKitTools;
- Fix for the issue where Cydia icon goes missing after jailbreak;
- Fix for issue that caused long startup time of iPhone 4s after jailbreak; and
- Fix for the issue that TaiG Jailbreak Tool doesn’t work on the virtual machine.
There is still no word on when and if TaiG will be releasing a Mac version of its iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool.