GTA V dethrones Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to regain UK gaming chart top spot
Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto V has dethroned Activision’s Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to regain first spot in the U.K. All Format Charts, despite of 51 per cent drop in sales in the second week of 2015.
Last week’s topper Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare dropped to No.2 position, suffering a 61 percent reduction in sales. The first-person shooter has held on to No.1 for a total of six weeks since launch.
EA’s annual football release FIFA 15 stood third in the list witnessing a 51 percent decline in sales. Far Cry 4, The Crew and Assassin’s Creed Unity occupied fourth, fifth and sixth positions on the list respectively.
Notably, Nintendo’s Captain Toad Treasure Tracker fell to 40 after debuting at 16 in the charts.
Here’s the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats top-ten list for the week ending January 10, 2015-
1) Grand Theft Auto V – Rockstar
2) Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare – Activision
3) FIFA 15 – EA Sports
4) Driveclub – Sony Computer Entertainment
5) The Crew – Ubisoft
6) Far Cry 4 – Ubisoft
7) Destiny – Activision
8) Assassin’s Creed: Unity – Ubisoft
9) LittleBigPlanet – Sony Computer Entertainment
10) Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor – Warner Bros Entertainment