£709 Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 tablet announced
Panasonic has expanded its lineup of Toughpad tablets with addition of a new new rugged tablet dubbed as Toughpad FZ-B2 at £709.
Toughpad FZ-B2 is already listed on the company website with an availability date of December for European market and February 2015 for the US.
The Panasonic FZ-B2 tablet flaunts a 7-inch WXGA IPS LCD display with a resolution of 800×1200 pixels and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat.
It is powered by 64-bit quad-core Intel Celeron N2930 processor clocked at 1.83 GHz, but it can go up to 2.16 GHz using Intel’s Turbo Boost technology. The device comes with 2GB of RAM and features 32GB of built-in storage which is expandable using microSD card, 5MP rear camera (8MP optional), 2MP front-facing camera and houses replaceable Lithium-Ion (7.2V, 3,320 mAh) battery which according to the company can deliver up to 7 hours of battery life.
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 meets the MIL-STD-810G standard, it is water and dust resistant (IP65), as well as 180cm shock resistant.
On the connectivity front, the Toughpad FZ-B2 includes Gobi 5000 – 4G Mobile Broadband, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB 3.0. As of now there is no word on the availability of the device for the other market place.
Key Specification of Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 tablet
- 7-inch WXGA IPS LCD display with a resolution of 800×1200 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Quad core Intel Celeron N2930 processor clocked at 1.83 GHz, but it can go up to 2.16 GHz
- Turbo Boost technology
- 2GB of RAM, 32GB ROM and support microSD card
- 5MP rear camera (8-megapixel optional) and 2MP front-facing camera
- Replaceable Lithium-Ion (7.2V, 3320mAh) battery
- Water and dust resistant (IP65)
- 180cm shock resistant
- Gobi 5000 – 4G Mobile Broadband, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB 3.0