fbpx

#Software

Windows 10 Technical Preview hits 1 million user mark, Microsoft says

By  | 

The Windows 10 Technical Preview has hit 1 million registered user mark in just two weeks of its debut, new report claims.

“Over the weekend, we hit 1 million registrants for the Windows Insider Program,” said Joe Belfiore, a Microsoft executive who leads the Windows design team, in a blog post published on Monday.

While the blog post didn’t mention how many of those millions who registered have installed the OS it did say that the company has received more than 200,000 pieces of feedback on the early version of Windows 10 in just two weeks time.

According to Belfiore, 36 percent of participants are trying out the Windows 10 Technical Preview via virtual machines; while the rest 64 percent are running on actual PCs. The statistics as per Belfiore indicates a good number of users who are seeking to test the newest Windows version as their primary OS.

Among other stats, Belfiore revealed that 68 percent of all users are using over seven apps every day. A quarter of Windows 10 users have been launching more than 26 apps per day, while 5 percent average 68 app launches on any given day.

Microsoft announced beta version of its latest Windows OS iteration on September 30, but made the software available for test less than 24 hours later to users through the Windows Insider Program. The Windows 10 preview is set to expire on April 15, 2015; however, the Redmond has promised another build, one that will include consumer-oriented features, sometime early next year.